CUPCAKES FOR EVERYONE!
Always nut- and egg-free, ThimbleCakes offers the best cakes in Ottawa. Without sacrificing quality or taste, we’ve got your “free” needs covered – no matter the allergy or preference! From soy, corn, gluten, cinnamon, chocolate, dairy and more, give us a call! 613.695.0109
THINK WE JUST DO CUPCAKES?
Not true! We’ve been doing special occasion cakes for 5 years! We offer pedestal rentals, delivery, small table cakes, guest favors, candy, cake toppers and a myriad of options for your big day! Made with organic and quality ingredients you can trust.
We thrive on our ability to create delicious, allergy-conscious, and organic cakes, cupcakes and ice creams for those with refined tastes. Gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, soy-free or traditional – we do it all!
We are pleased to offer 14 flavours of cupcakes daily including 4 gluten free flavours
We thrive on our ability to create delicious, allergy-conscious, and organic cakes, cupcakes and ice creams in Ottawa!
You scream, I scream! We’re all nut free for ice cream!
Coconut milk ice cream that’s dairy free, gluten free and as always nut and egg free. We make them in small batches daily using seasonal local organic ingredients as much as possible. Flavours like organic strawberry pink grapefruit and coconut milk dark chocolate cherry will keep your tummy happy and your lips smacking! We also offer gluten free ice cream cones.
Something About Us
We are proud to offer a nut- end egg-free bakery! We thrive on our ability to create delicious, allergy-conscious, and organic cakes, cupcakes and ice creams for those with refined tastes. Gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, soy-free or traditional – we do it all! We buy local and organic as much as possible, compost, recycle and use environmentally friendly papers and cleaning products. Monthly, we host a charity day where proceeds go to a local animal rescue shelter, and we welcome opportunities to partner with charities for fundraisers. Proudest of all, we do this without sacrificing quality, deliciousness or customer service. We truly hope you love our cakes!
I started my love for baking and designing in 2008, making treats out of my home for friends and family. Soon enough, people were commissioning me to create sweets for their gatherings. Encouraged by my friends, I decided to try my hand at a cupcake shop – all I needed was a name!
A group of friends and I had a brain-storming session and began coming up with names like “Creative Cakes” and “Sweet Delights,” but I was hoping for something more personal. My name, Wendy, comes from Peter Pan so I thought about naming the shop “Tinkerbell” or “Dreamcakes.” That’s when my friend Dee told me about Peter, Wendy and the thimble…
In Peter Pan, Wendy gives Peter a thimble and he thinks it’s a kiss. It’s a gift of kindness, represents something small (cupcakes, anyone?) and it sounds great! Thanks Dee!
“Our Wonderful Customers!”
Our customers are number one & we promise total customer
satisfaction with our services.
Just wanted to say that the staff LOVED the cupcakes! Consensus was that they had tons of flavour, were moist, and some of them were – well – decadent – like a cupcake should be!!! Thanks so much. Love your little shop and it is amazing you get such great produce out of such a small place! One of my colleagues regularly goes by and buys her daughter gluten free products and she says they are delicious. Thanks so much!
I just wanted to thank you guys for offering vegan ice cream! My friends want to go for ice cream, and I always get left out, since I’m vegan (and lactose intolerant, so I can’t even cheat!).
But you guys serve such amazing ice cream, that it doesn’t take any convincing to get my friends to go see you guys instead of wherever they’d usually go.
Thank you so much, you guys!
(The banana was voted the best, unanimously by all of us!)
Just wanted to say what a fabulous job you did on the Porsche Cake. Karl loved it and it was a real hit with our guests. And it was delicious too!
Thanks for everything. We’ve attached a photo of the birthday boy with the cake.
Katherine & Karl
I just wanted to write and say thank you so much for the wonderful hat cake – the likeness to the original was spot on and it tasted delicious (I am actually eating a piece that was left over as I type). However, I think the best review was provided by Kumanan – the owner of the hat and recipient of the cake – please see his comments below.
Thank you again and happy baking!
With kind regards,
What was perfect was your cake!!!!!! Holy jumpin’ it was INSANE!!!! You blew us all away by the look of the cake, and then we all just about died when we bit into it. Seriously, BEST. CAKE. EVER. I knew it would be good but didn’t know a cake could be this good.
I am just writing to say a sincere thank you for the beautiful work you put into the cake. It sat so nicely on the table and all the guests thought it was so lovely, they didn’t want to cut it! After we got the ball rolling on that, they really enjoyed how moist and tasty it was. I left the business cards on the table so I’m sure you have some brand new fans!
thanks so much! they are the best GF vegan cupcakes I have ever had! I loved the carrot cake. we will be back for sure!!
I just wanted to let you know that the cakes you made for my daughter’s 1st birthday were not only beautiful but they tasted absolutely fabulous! I honestly don’t think I have ever eaten anything better. Thanks again. We’ll definitely be back for the next birthday or special occasion.
I ordered a cake for my birthday on May 1st. It was a chocolate coconut cake… it was AMAZING actually beyond AmAZING! Thank you so muich!!
I have just found out recently that I have some food allergies so i was a bit sad i couldnt have a nice cake for my b day however when i looked into the cakes you make my birthday wish came true!! hah I ate cake and felt fine after.
Thank you again for the amazing cake.
CUSTOM CUPCAKE FLAVOURS
All except black forest can be made gluten-free! Minimum order amounts apply to these flavours, please refer to the chart at the bottom of the page. Mix with the daily flavour options to optimize variety!
- Mocha- We happily use our “Joel’s” coffee ThimbleCakes blend for this recipe! Coffee and chocolate marry beautifully in this cake and we top it with espresso buttercream v
- Mick’s Favorite- Our rich chocolate cake topped with raspberry cream cheese…. Nuff said!
- Root beer- I know! And it tastes fantastic, I swear! v
- Irish coffee- Espresso cake and a “wake you up in the morning” Irish cream icing! v
- Lovely lemon -Freshly zested organic lemons are the star in this cupcake, accompanied by our vanilla bean icing v
- Pumpkin chocolate chip- This has to be the ultimate staff favorite! Real pumpkin, Callabault chocolate chips with a twist of chocolate and vanilla icing. v
- Black forest (cannot be GF) - Cherry chocolate cake cored, filled with cherry pie filling and topped with fluffy vanilla frosting. Callebaut Chocolate shavings too! Just like the original.
- Creamsicle- Freshly zested organic oranges are added to our vanilla recipe and once cooled they get a dollop of our delicious vanilla icing v
- Cha Cha Chai- Flavours of Cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove and black tea live in this cake and we top it with our vanilla buttercream icing v
- Viva puff- Chocolate cake, raspberry filling and v – friendly marshmallow icing dipped chocolate! v
- Banana Bliss- Heavenly real organic banana cake and a divine caramel cream cheese icing.
- Banana Vanilla bean- Organic Banana cake topped with our light and fluffy vanilla bean icing v
- Chocolate covered bananas -Aged to perfection organic banana cake topped with our rich chocolate icing, a decadent combo! v
- Neapolitan- A gorgeous trio of Vanilla and chocolate marbled cake topped with a raspberry buttercream. v
- Chocolate chip twist- Vanilla cake with Callebaut dark chocolate chips and a twist of chocolate and vanilla icing v
- Gingerbread- Warm flavors of molasses, cloves, nutmeg and ginger cozy up this cake. Topped with a vanilla icing and even more ginger v
- Hot Chocolate- Rich chocolate cake with a chocolate filling, a v- friendly marshmallow icing and sprinkled with dark cocoa powder v
- Coffee and doughnuts- A cupcake that actually tastes like it’s deep fried friend! Topped with a coffee cream icing, so fun! v
- Pina Colada- Real pineapple cake with a hint of coconut, topped with vanilla buttercream and rolled in shaved coconut v
- Chocolate Snowball- Chocolate cake, coconut icing and rolled in coconut! Adorable and delicious! v
- Spicy chocolate - Two cocoa powders make this a huge hit with chocolate lovers and the touch of Cayenne pepper heightens the chocolate experience v
- Marble party pants- Get ready to be a kid again, sprinkles are everywhere! Vanilla cake with sprinkles baked right in, topped with crushed vanilla bean icing and rolled in even more sprinkles. Crunchy and so fun! v
- Snowball- Coconut cake, vanilla bean icing and rolled in shredded coconut. Great textures! v
- Chocolate orange- Rich chocolate cake and freshly zested organic oranges make this a huge fan favorite v
- Mint chocolate- A classic combo everyone loves! v
- Banana Caramel- The 80”s called and wants their flavor combo back. Classic.
- Chocolate caramel- Rich chocolate and Callebault caramel… has the ability to change your life…..
- Carrot cream cheese- Warm spices and organic carrots with a delicious cream cheese frosting
- Diamonds in the rough-Vanilla cake, vanilla icing and rolled in ground dark Callebault chocolate chips for a great texture.
- Caramel Macchiato- Time to EAT your caramel macchiato! Caramel cake, strong organic coffee frosting and a caramel drizzle
- Salted Caramel- Caramel cake filled with caramel topped with vanilla bean icing. A big drizzle of more caramel and fleur de sel sprinkled on top
- Caramel apple- Lightly spiced apple cake made with real organic apples, vanilla buttercream and Callebault caramel We love fall!
- Potato chip! – Organic sweet potato cake filled with rich caramel topped with lightly kissed caramel frosting, a caramel drizzle and a salty potato chip!
- Hansel and Gretel (Nov-Dec only) - Gingerbread cupcake with vanilla icing, spice drizzle and a gingerbread character garnish v
- Mudslide- Vanilla cake, Irish cream filling, coffee icing and dipped in dark chocolate crackle v
- Earl grey and Orange- Afternoon tea never tasted so yummy! Earl grey cupcake with an orange oil cream cheese icing.
- Tootsie roll- Vanilla cake, sticky tootsie roll filling, fluffy tootsie roll icing and a tootsie roll drizzle v
- Rum ball- Rich chocolate cake, rum icing, chocolate vermicelli v
- Lemon Cardamom – Lovely lemon and Cardamom scented cake with a light lemon icing and a spice garnish v
- Chocolate red velvet- A twist on the original. We can’t leave well enough alone. Dark chocolate cake with a cream cheese icing and chocolate drizzle
- MMMMaple- Vanilla bean cake, cored and soaked with a real maple syrup and topped with maple frosting v
Regular-sized cupcakes minimum 1 dozen
Mini cupcakes minimum 2 dozen
Custom colour/flavour allowed
Customer colour/flavour allowed
We’re located at 369 Bank Street at Gilmour
Hours of Operation:
Phone 613 695 0109
4100 Strandherd Road in Barrhaven.
Specializing in chow for those with allergies or food preferences. Not only sweets, but soups, salads and sammies too! Check it out!
The Candy Store with ThimbleCakes
350 Richmond Road in Westboro.
The Candy Store offers vintage and beautiful colour blocked candy perfect for gifts and candy buffets. Enjoy a selection of allergy-conscious candy too! ThimbleCakes is also present with our delicious nut/egg free cupcakes!